7.01.2007

Off to Africa

After you read this passage, you will understand why God played this song for me.

"Be not afraid. I go before you always. Come, follow me."

I'm going to Africa!

Oh my goodness. I can't believe that I am going to be in Africa in August. It's something so grand, it's beyond my comprehension at the moment.

I thought it was a closed subject, I wasn't going, and I was ok with that. If you read my last entry, I had given it up, and I was alright with doing whatever God wanted. I figured it wasn't in the plans.

But then, I get to work this morning, all had changed, and Michael and were talking about getting me on the plane to Africa with him and Seth.

My cup runneth over.

I sent out an e-mail to my brothers and sisters, I'm sure they all think I am crazy. But I know that this experience is sent straight from Heaven.

I e-mailed Fr. Sebi right away to tell him that I was coming. This is part of the e-mail he sent me. (I told him that my mom was a little afraid of me going.)

Subject: KHANIMAMBO= OBRIGADO=THANK U. HOYO-HOYO=BEM VINDO= WELCOME. WAHANHA=COMO ESTA = HOW ARE YOU?

Indeed, Abby, I smiled. peace begins. Is it not great?

You are coming!!! Wonderful.

Thank God for your wonderful mother. My love to your darling mother.

You are only 22. (I am 63; and yet I am cold as a snail!!) Goodness gracious!! And you are doing so much. No doubt you have admirable "fire" in you.

The good Lord has empowered you. Fantastic.

Come my lady, dont be frightened. Our life is God's gift. He gives. We live for Him. He decides. We only have to be prudent. He leads.

We go to celebrate Mass through herds of elephants. we see crocodiles, we see hipopotamus. (You will have wild meat and lake fish, lobsters from the indian ocean and prawns from the maputo-bay).

I am prompted to say nothing will happen to you. I'm sure the good Lord wants you to serve Him for many years to come.

Life is so good, and to quote Fr. Sebi, "The ways of the Lord are wonderful."

I will be working a lot while we are in Africa. Video, pictures, notes, journaling, interviewing, volunteering, traveling to three countries in 10 days!

Not in my wildest dreams would I have ever imagined, that I, Miss Small Town Texas, who never traveled much in her life, would be going to Africa for mission work. Wow.

So much to prepare for. Shots, writing, marketing, working and everything else that comes my way!

Thank you Lord for your magnificence and your glory. Without you, I am nothing.

{peace}

No comments: