7.01.2007

Let go, and let God.

"The ways of the Lord are wonderful."


Fr. Sebi (short for Sebastian) an Indian (the country) missionary priest in Mozambique, Africa told me that in a letter today after he had written about the severe poverty and needs of the people he serves. What kind of faith that must be, to trust and rejoice in the Lord even when you are in horrible conditions.


It's moments like this that I want to run off to Africa. I want to experience all that Fr. Sebi sees everyday. I want to know what makes him so hopeful in the face of such grave suffering.
I want to be able to tell the world about the suffering that children and adults endure each day as we sit and drink our Starbucks and in our air-conditioned offices.


All of mine and Fr. Sebi's conversations have shown the hope he has for the future of the people he serves. It's inspiring. I can actually pinpoint the moment I thought to myself, "I have to visit him." But the thing is, Seth and Michael don't know how safe Mozambique and Malawi would be for this fair-skinned, blondie.


I can't blame them for worrying. But I really feel called to go. It's in my heart. God's planted that desire in me. I have resided to let it go and let God. If I am suppose to be in Africa, I will be there, in the Big Man's time, not mine.


*Sigh* I can still tell the world about Africa from here in my air-conditioned office or by the power of my running car, it just won't be as life changing of an experience that I can remember for the rest of my life.


{peace}

No comments: