6.14.2011

30 Water Well Repairs & Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro

So for the month of July, I will be in Malawi to team up with the Missionaries of St. Paul and Child Legacy International, two incredible organizations with beautiful people to repair 30 water wells. Next, Child Legacy International is hosting a charity event called the “Clean Water Climb” to raise money to repair water wells. To support this great cause, I have joined a volunteer team of climbers assembled to scale the world's tallest freestanding mountain, Mt. Kilimanjaro. Topping out at an elevation of 19,349 feet, it is also the highest point on the African continent. We are partnering this year to repair 30 more wells and we are doing everything we can to raise awareness and reach our goal. I know I have said this before, but I am determined to keep everyone informed, I'm just not a born-blogger. My goal is to at least upload some good pics for people to see...I'll do my best. Leave in less than 2 weeks! Excited, but a long time to be away from my family...pray...

No comments: